technologies & skills
Mobile First/Responsive Design
A/B and Multivariate Testing
WEBER STATE UNIVERSITY
BS English and Visual Art
Course work included:
Literary Critical Analysis
SENIOR UX DEVELOPER – Fashionphile
July 2017 to Present
UX DESIGNER – iCentris
November 2016 to June 2017
UX Design, User Testing, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Wireframing, Prototyping, InVision, LookBack, Jira
- Initiated formal UX processes across the design and front-end development teams, including planning, wireframing, prototyping,
and user testing.
- Managed all user interviews, including planning, scheduling, script-writing, conducting actual interviews, and review and analysis.
- Instituted a style guide to ensure design consistency and utilize established UX best practices.
- Created ground-level designs, wireframes, and prototypes.
FRONT-END WEB DEVELOPER – Blink Worldwide
December 2015 to September 2016
HTML5, CSS3, Sass, jQuery, AngularJS, PHP, Git, Kirby, Wordpress, Photoshop, Illustrator, UX Design, Persona Development, Wireframing, InVision, Rapid Prototyping
- Built responsive interactive quiz for the Partnership for Drug-Free Kids for the 30th anniversary of the original “This is your brain on drugs” campaign using HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- Comprehensive UX design for Vivial and mGage, including development of personas, sitemaps, wireframes, and click paths.
- UX design for LogicSource, including development of personas, wireframes, and click paths.
- Built responsive interface for a rapidly prototyped iOS mobile app for Black Diamond.
- Contributed significant development work for BluonEnergy.com, including responsive layout using Bootstrap, and a custom cost-savings calculator built with AngularJS.
- Single-handedly built a responsive website with custom-crafted administration panel, including developing a new plugin for the Kirby CMS from scratch, for Coastal Construction, a high end real estate company.
WEB DESIGNER & FRONT-END DEVELOPER – Daz Productions
November 2014 to October 2015
- Designed and developed usability improvements for the Daz3d.com Magento store, including improving the responsive implementation.
- Designed an embeddable store module for the Daz Studio software that matched the existing UI and provided a seamless experience for purchasing 3D assets while using the software.
- Designed and built a wishlist indicator button for the Daz3d.com store, leading to a small but notable improvement in sales.
- Redesigned the Daz3d Forum (which has 1.4 million registered users) from the ground up using Vanilla Forums.
- Built a responsive online compatibility reference for the various releases of Daz3D models using HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
MARKETING CREATIVE MANAGER – Allen Communication Learning Services
January 2014 to November 2014
- Designed and created all art assets for the marketing department, including for marketing campaigns, web sites, and blog posts during the company’s most profitable year in its history.
- Conducted market research to design objectives based on user profiles, web analytics, competitor analysis, and client interviews.
- Designed and built responsive landing pages utilizing parallax effects and complex animations using HTML, CSS, and jQuery
Redesigned the corporate logo system and created a new brand standards style guide.
PROJECT MANAGER – TechMediaNetwork (Purch)
April 2013 to January 2014
Agile Project Management (Scrum), Pivotal Tracker
- Managed up to five simultaneous projects in an agile environment, coordinating stakeholder priorities with ground-level teams (design, development, editorial, sales, and advertising).
- Managed the rebranding and mobile-responsive redesigns globally viewed sites, including LiveScience (11 million monthly visitors), Space.com (5.8 million monthly visitors), LAPTOP
(6.2 million monthly visitors), and BusinessNewsDaily (2.1 million monthly visitors).
- Managed the implementation of automatic back-end accounting tools for HermanStreet.com.
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER – TechMediaNetwork (Purch)
October 2008 to April 2013
Art Direction, Print Layout, HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Wireframing, UX, A/B Testing, Analytics Research
- Redesigned the HermanStreet.com shopping cart from scratch, increasing conversion by 30%.
- Redesigned Top10Reviews page templates to improve UX and increase page views 80-160%.
- Designed websites, ecommerce sites, internal web-based tools, banner ads, and print materials using Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML, and CSS.